Policies and Procedures
Central School of Ballet’s policies, procedures, regulations and other essential documents are listed here. While the policies are primarily aimed at staff and students, the majority have been made publicly available to support transparency and good governance. This list is not exhaustive and should you require further information about other policies please contact email@example.com. For information about degree-related student specific policies contact Josh Yeardley firstname.lastname@example.org.
Child Protection Safeguarding Policy
Payments and Refund Policy for Junior School, Associate Programme, Children’s Courses and Outreach Activities
University of Kent Policies
The University of Kent validates Central’s Foundation and BA degrees in Professional Dance and Performance and our MA Choreography Degree. The University of Kent academic regulations can be found here.
Conservatoire for Dance and Drama Policies
Central is a member of the Conservatoire for Dance and Drama with its own student related policies that cover admissions, complaints, fees and student support. For the following CDD policies relevant to Central, see relevant pages below.
- Access and Participation Plan
- Admissions Appeals and Complaints Policy
- Admissions Policy
- Criminal Records Policy
- Data Processing Statement and accompanying Schedules
- Emergency Powers of Exclusion and Suspension
- Fees Policy
- Inclusivity Policies and Protocols
- Non-Academic Misconduct Policy and Procedures
- Prevent Policy
- Refunds and Compensation Policy
- Student Complaints Procedure
- Student Protection Plan
- Student Transfers Arrangements Statement
- Support Through Studies
- Terms and Conditions
- Care Leavers and Estranged Students
- Disabled Students
- Financial Support
- Inclusive Practice and Alternative Assessment
- Promoting Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Religion and Belief
- Togetherall (24/7 support for your mental health)
- Interruption of Studies Request Form
- Code of Practice on Respect
Central School of Ballet is seeking self-registration as an independent Higher Education Provider with the Office for Students and anticipates becoming independent by 1 August 2022 (rather than the 2023 exit date formerly published on our website).
Our courses will continue to be validated by the University of Kent and we will work to ensure this transition has no impact on the learning experience of our students. Updated Central School of Ballet’s Policies and Procedures for the academic year 2022 – 2023 are currently under review and will be made available via this page in due course. If we do not self-register by 1 August 2022, our existing and new students will continue to be registered with the Conservatoire of Dance and Drama under their existing Policies and Procedures.