Central is an affiliate of the Conservatoire of Dance and Drama, one of the newest and most exciting higher education institutes in the UK. The Conservatoire is made up of eight affiliate institutions and was established in 2001 to help secure the future of conservatoire-level vocational training in dance and drama in England.
The Higher Education Funding Council for England distributes funding for the affiliates through the CDD, helping all the institutions to offer access to training regardless of a student's background or financial circumstances.
All the affiliates are small and specialist institutions providing high-quality and internationally-recognised vocational training in dance, drama or circus arts.
The eight affiliates are:
- Bristol Old Vic Theatre School
- Central School of Ballet
- The London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art
- London Contemporary Dance School
- National Centre for Circus Arts
- Northern School of Contemporary Dance
- Rambert School of Ballet and Contemporary Dance
- Royal Academy of Dramatic Art
The 'Introduction to the Conservatoire' leaflet can be downloaded by clicking the link on the Right-hand side of this page.